Bobcats Down Saints in OT For Fourth Straight Win

January 31, 2016, the Lloydminster Bobcats rolled past the Olds Grizzlies 12-1 for a fourth straight win, tonight, the Lloydminster Bobcats registered their first four game win streak since that game.

Playing host to the Spruce Grove Saints, the Bobcats ended the Saints five game winning streak on Wednesday night, while also extending their own streak to four straight wins in a 2-1 overtime victory.

Having lost their first three meetings against Spruce Grove, Lloydminster found a way to break through when Brock Sottile fired a shot of the pad of Parker Tobin and in the net with just 10 seconds remaining in the extra frame.

After a scoreless opening period, the Saints found themselves on the board first.

6:05 into the middle frame, Parker Saretsky scored to put the visitors up 1-0.

The game remained that way for roughly ten minutes until the Bobcats captain had something to say.

With 4:29 left in the period, Connor Odelein picked up a loose puck off an offensive zone face-off and sniped a shot over the blocker up Tobin to even the score.

In the third, the Saints out-shot the Bobcats but neither team was able to score.

The Bobcats began overtime with a 4-on-3 power-play, but the Saints managed to kill it off despite numerous chances for Lloydminster. Then later in the extra frame, the Bobcats found themselves back on the power-play again.

Lloydminster was unable to convert officially on the man-advantage, but just five seconds after it expired, Brock Sottile buried the game-winner.

In the end, the Saints outshot the Bobcats 31-24.

Starting in goal for the home-side, Nick Sanders made 30 saves on 31 shots, while Tobin finished with 22 saves on 24 shots for Spruce Grove.

The Bobcats finished 0 for 7 with the man-advantage, while the Saints went 0 for 2.

Of note: Both the Bobcats and Saints had goals called off during the game. Brock Sottile appeared to have scored but it was ruled he knocked the puck in with a high stick. The Saints, meanwhile also appeared to score but prior to a rebound being jammed past Sanders, the ref had already blown the whistle to end the play.

Next up for the Bobcats will be a trip to Drumheller on Friday to battle the Dragons.