The Lloydminster Jr. A Bobcats Hockey Club is accepting applications for the position of Athletic Therapist/Equipment Manager for the 2017-2018 season.
The successful applicant must be self-motivated with strong communication/organization skills and must be able to work both in a team environment and independently.
Responsibilities/Duties include, but are not limited to the following:
Under the direct supervision of the Lloydminster Bobcats Head Coach, this position will assist in the prevention, assessment and treatment of injuries and coordination and maintenance of equipment for the Lloydminster Bobcats team.
– Provide injury evaluation, management, and rehabilitation of athletic injuries for team; developing a return to play plan for each injury.
– Coordinate with physicians/medical personnel on care of players.
– Maintain all medical records pertaining to treatment required and coordination of medical insurance claims.
– Provide medical coverage at all practice sessions and games both home and away.
– Communicate with coaching staff and management on all matters related to player injuries and illnesses and the required rehab or remedy.
– Maintenance and upkeep of the locker room and athletic therapist room.
– Skate sharpening, equipment repair, equipment modifications, equipment replacement, equipment cleaning, and laundry.
– Help develop a working budget for the following season based on end of season inventory.
– Attend all camps, practices, and games throughout the calendar year.
– Respect in Sport
– Hockey Canada Safety Program
– First Aid and CPR
– Certified Athletic Therapist (CATA or NATA – USA)
– Criminal Record Check
– Proficiency with MS Office applications, including Excel, Word and Outlook
To apply please forward a Resume by Monday, May 15th to:
Travis Clayton, Head Coach and GM
Lloydminster Bobcats Junior ”A” Hockey Association