The Lloydminster Jr. A Bobcats Hockey Organization is accepting applications for the position of Athletic Therapist.
The successful applicant must have excellent communication and organizational skills and be able to work both independently and in a team environment.
Responsibilities / Duties for this position include, but are not limited to the following:
– Assist in the prevention, assessment and treatment of injuries
– Responsible for giving players medical treatment they may need prior to, during or after practices/games
– Provide medical coverage at all practice sessions and games, both home and away
– Develop an Emergency Action Plan for any major injuries
– Provide injury evaluation, management, and rehabilitation of athletic injuries
– Develop a return to play plan for injured players
– Coordinate treatment with physicians/medical personnel
– Provide an injury report/update to the coaching staff daily
– Maintain all medical records pertaining to treatment required
– Coordinate medical insurance claims
– Maintaining a full inventory of required medical supplies and stocking medical kits
– Preparing workout and rehabilitation programs tailored to each athlete?s requirements
– Minor equipment repairs when necessary
-Other duties as assigned
-Certified Athletic Therapist CAT(C)
-University or college education in Athletic Therapy.
-First Aid and CPR.
-Previous experience working with a sports team and athletes would be considered an asset.
-Highly flexible to accommodate late afternoon or evening practices and weekend competitions.
-Successful applicant will be required to submit a criminal record check and complete respect in sport training or equivalent.
To apply please forward a Cover Letter and Resume to:
Head Coach & GM Nigel Dube