Deadline for applications for the position ends on Friday at NOON.
The Lloydminster Jr. A Bobcats Hockey Organization is accepting applications for the position of Assistant Coach & Assistant GM.
The successful applicant must have excellent communication and organizational skills and be able to work both independently and in a team environment.
• Identify and recruit players capable of playing Junior A hockey.
• Create and sustain an atmosphere that promotes success, player development and career progression.
• Conduct on-ice camps, practices, games and off ice activities.
• Create practice plans that promote individual skill and team progression.
• Develop game and practice plans including offensive and defensive systems as well as special teams play.
• Display team progression throughout hockey season.
• Analyze game film and conduct video review meetings with players.
• Represent the Lloydminster Bobcats throughout the community.
• effectively communication to Head Coach, staff, players, and team members
• assist with day-to-day operations of the program, where needed
• Build relationships with community members and attend fundraising events.
• Any other duties or responsibilities assigned throughout the season.
• Recruiting sources of Junior A caliber hockey players.
• Strong attention to detail and a commitment to delivering
• Must be organized, take initiative, and utilize strong time management skills.
• Demonstrated ability to develop players in preparation for play at higher levels.
• Strong hockey background in playing, coaching, evaluating.
• Strong interest and commitment to athlete development.
• Ability to work with fellow coaching personnel.
• Previous experience working with hockey software including Steva & InStat and asset.
To apply please forward a Cover Letter and Resume to:
Head Coach & GM Nigel Dube